Welcome to Pit Parts in the Southern Hemisphere
This is the new home of the D’Oyly Carte Editions of the Gilbert & Sullivan Original Orchestrations.
What has changed?
Mr Brian Clough, the previous operator of Pit Parts Hiring Agency on behalf of the D’Oyly Carte Opera Trust Ltd (UK), retired in late 2015, when he arranged to transfer the agency to the Gilbert & Sullivan Society of Victoria.
The Society, which performs the works of Gilbert and Sullivan via Gilbert & Sullivan Opera Victoria, was happy to take on the role, in order to preserve and promote their works for the enduring benefit and enjoyment of light opera lovers in this region.
What is here?
In this site you will find:
- a table of Sullivan’s original orchestrations for each of the operas
- Terms & Conditions of hire and
- some points about caring for the scores
The Hire Process:
- Review the table of orchestrations
- Select the show you are planning, and review the instruments
- Choose the parts, and list them in your application
- We will advise on availability, and supply current pricing in a quote, and an invoice for an advance calculated as 25% of the hire cost
- When you are ready to proceed, lodge payment of the advance and return the order form
- We will then ship the parts (forward shipping cost will also be quoted but payable at the end of the hire)
- On completion of the hire, return the parts (shipping to be at your expense)
- We will render a final invoice for the balance of the hire charges, plus forward shipping to you, plus any charges for restoring damaged or lost scores
- Terms and Conditions are shown in the brochure accompanying our initial quote as well as in this website